Casa Youth Shelter’s Youth Leadership Conference is an annual day of self-discovery, friendship, cultural exchange, leadership building, inspiration, and service. Featuring a series of intensive workshops and a dynamic keynote speaker, this event focuses on educating and empowering future leaders.
2021 Virtual Youth Leadership Conference : Unstoppable
Casa Youth Shelter is happy to announce its 18th Annual Youth Leadership Conference: Unstoppable, which will take place on Saturday, February 20, 2021 from 9:00 AM-2:30 PM!
This FREE event is open to Middle School and High School students. To comply with COVID-19 safety guidelines, the Youth Leadership Conference will be held virtually. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in 3 virtual workshops that discuss different topics like how to be an LGBTQ+ Ally, How to Build Healthy Relationships, Suicide Prevention and more! We will end with our amazing Keynote Speaker, Dr. Theodore Burnes, who will discuss how you can be an ally, persevere, and be Unstoppable.
Why you should attend this conference:
- Participate in workshops that discuss topics that may be conflicts in teen lives
- Meet teens from other schools
- Learn new skills and walk away with new knowledge
- Interact with other participants through chat and networking options
- Learn how to be an ally or advocate
- Receive community service hours
Workshop Topics Include:
- How to be an LGBTQ+ Ally
- Suicide Prevention
- Mental Health Awareness
- Healthy Relationships
- And more! (click Register Now button for full list and details)
How Our Theme Was Picked
2020 was a roller coaster ride, to say the least. Our Youth Leadership Program, Casa Youth Shelter’s peer to peer advocates, had to learn how to navigate being teens during a pandemic. Despite adjusting to the transition of a virtual life, they kept pushing forward. They realized that regardless of what obstacles were thrown their way, they were unstoppable. This inspired this year’s theme for the Annual Youth Leadership Conference. Because no matter what life throws your way, you too can be Unstoppable.
Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in this exciting event.
Interested in Sponsoring our 2021 Virtual Youth Leadership Conference?
We are seeking sponsorships for our conference workshops and keynote speaker! This event will attract 250+ teens from Orange and Los Angeles counties, and is FREE for all teens.
Visit our Youth Leadership Conference Sponsorship page to learn more.
For questions regarding sponsorship, please contact Jennifer Santos, Outreach Director, at (562) 742-3957 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights from our 17th Annual Youth Leadership Conference “Resiliency” on October 12, 2019
- Hosted 400+ youth from more than 50 schools
- Workshop Topics Included: Leadership, Stress/Management and Mindfulness, Vape Education, LGBTQ+ Ally Training, Communication Skills, Budgeting, Diversity/Inclusion, Healthy Relationships, Suicide Prevention, Mental Health Awareness, Drug Education, Social Media, Law Enforcement, Civic Engagement, Life Skills with Coding, Peer to Peer to Crisis Response.
- Workshops provided by OC Friday Night Live, American First FCU, OC Human Relations, Women Shelter of Long Beach, Ginger Klee, The Center Long Beach, Microsoft, Los Alamitos Police Department, Girls Inc., Didi Hirsch, Tilly’s Life Center, Twin Town Treatment Centers, Move More, Eat Healthy Campaign, YLP, OC Health Care Agency/TUPP, National Alliance on Mental Illness, and Carolyn Ozimok.
- Event Sponsors: MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach, Long Beach Hospitality Alliance, Cypress High School, Sir Speedy, Proverbs Financial Coaching, Cardiologist Fernando Mendoza, MD, Cali Frame
- Keynote address provided by Roy Juarez