Become a Casa Youth Shelter Volunteer
Looking for ways to use your unique skills to give back to the local community? There are so many ways you can help – and we can show you how! We are always looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers who want to share their passions and the things they love to do with the teens at Casa Youth Shelter. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- What do you like to do? Do you have a hobby you could share with the teens at Casa Youth Shelter?
Meet tons of cool new people as you use your talents to improve the lives of local youth. You’ll be supporting our hard-working staff as we create a safe, nurturing environment for our residents.
- Must be at least 23 years (or older) of age and
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year
- Must pass a background check + LiveScan (even if you’ve had one done before, for example at your current place of employment, you will need to complete another one that is specific to Casa Youth Shelter)
- TB Test (If you have had one in the last 4 years & can show proof that is acceptable.)
- Complete all required paperwork
- Attend an onsite Volunteer Orientation
- Must live within a 45 minute drive of Los Alamitos, CA
Volunteer positions may have a set schedule depending on the needs of the shelter or the availability of the volunteer. Some positions are on-call.
Becoming a volunteer at Casa Youth Shelter is not designed for individuals only looking for short-term volunteer opportunities. As a non-profit, we invest time and money into our volunteers and are looking for individuals who are willing to commit to a minimum of 1 year.
Want a One-Time Project or Need to
Fulfill Community Service Hours?
For information on volunteer groups, days of service, or to propose your own one-time project, please email Lupita Gutierrez, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Get Started?
Fill out the form below and a staff member from Casa Youth Shelter will be in touch with you shortly.
Sign Up to Become a Volunteer at Casa Youth Shelter
For more details on any position, or if you’d like to suggest your own, please add your question or suggestion to the “Tell us why you want to become a volunteer or any other comments” portion of the form above and Lori Barazi, our Volunteer Coordinator, will contact you shortly.