We believe it is critical to be engaged and active in our local communities, and so our outreach work serves as the vital link between our shelter and the surrounding area. We provide a community-based outreach program that offers targeted crisis-prevention, and intervention education and advocacy for at-risk youth and their families.
- Youth Leadership Program
- Tabling events, workshops, and open houses
- Presentations at schools or local community agencies
- Collaborative meetings
*Complete and submit the form below to schedule a presentation.
Casa Youth Shelter engages and advocates in the community through partnerships in various coalitions, task forces, and collaboratives. Click here to learn more about our linkages in the community.
Our outreach team is also dedicated to reaching the community through local resource fairs and events. To invite us to your event, contact Lupita Gutierrez, Director of Outreach & Partnerships at (562) 742-3957 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Stronger Communities
- Motel outreach: monthly visits to local motels that are homes to families on the brink of homelessness
- Donation sharing with families and other community stakeholders
Book an Outreach Presentation for Your School or Organization
Workshop topics include, but not limited to:
- General Shelter Presentation
- Depression, Self-Harm, and Suicide Prevention
- Body Image
- Human Trafficking Awareness