Updated January 10, 2023 and Effective Until Further Notice
Casa Youth Shelter is Open
We are open for youth in crisis. Adolescents who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless need shelter, and we are here to help. For youth who are in danger if they remain in their current situation, or if teens are experiencing conflict in the home that poses a risk to the minor or members of their family, we are here.
For 24/7 crisis call support or intake, please call (800) 914-CASA (2272).
Residential Shelter Care Program, Facility, and Staffing Adjustments
Maintaining the safety of our staff and our youth is our highest priority.
- Staff continue to follow strict hygiene and cleanliness procedures as recommended by the CDC, including wearing face coverings and sanitizing all surfaces and frequently touched objects.
- Everyone who enters the facility completes a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire before they interact with others onsite.
- Physical distancing is observed as much as possible in the home. Staff wear face coverings at all times. Residents are required to wear masks in common areas when physical distancing is not possible.
- Crisis calls and intakes include questions about health as recommended by the CDC and the California Department of Public Health.
- Our gates are locked for security purposes. If any non-staff member needs to come to the shelter for any reason, they must call ahead (562) 594-6825.
- Counseling – We have expanded our services to offer counseling for individual teens and adults, parents, and families who want support. Sessions for residents and their families, nonresidents, and aftercare clients are provided, free of charge.
- Parenting Classes – Parenting Classes in both English and Spanish and Teen Drop-In Groups are now open to the public and offered free of charge during this time.
- Case Management – Casa Youth Shelter’s Case Manager is taking online appointments to provide referrals or help sort through information regarding employment, housing, education, and other resources that will support and assist in management of daily life.
For all of these services, sign up here.
We are so appreciative of the people who have asked how they can help during this challenging time.
Donations are gratefully accepted, and are temporarily limited to items of immediate need:
- Pre-Packaged or Commercially Prepared Foods
- Paper Goods
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hygiene Products
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Financial Support